My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, August 14, 2006

Things I Like and Don't Like

If you remember, I had a list of 'things I like' in an earlier blog entry. This list, as I said before, was born from the womb of one of my favorite books, 'Naive. Super' by Erlend Loe. I have made some ammendments/additions to the 'I like' list and have created an 'I don't like' list below it. (Note: Without even attempting to do so, when I finished my lists, I realized that they both contained exactly the same number of items. :)

I LIKE:

  1. Large quantities of small, identical things (paperclips, post-it-note pads, pens, beans, small boxes…)
  2. orderly stacks of things
  3. Clever packaging/marketing
  4. Seeing people genuinely happy with their children
  5. babies/children
  6. helping a stranger
  7. helping someone who I’m close to
  8. Being in the middle of a really great book and knowing that there is still a lot to go
  9. Walking around at night and looking at the lit up windows in tall apartment buildings
  10. Chihuahuas and other naked, tiny dogs
  11. Good hair-days
  12. Chocolate
  13. Reading/writing in a room at night with a dim light and candles.
  14. Candles/candleholders (melon-scented candles)
  15. Office supplies
  16. Starting a new notebook
  17. Picturing my life as a movie
  18. Writing
  19. Will power (in myself and in others)
  20. Coziness
  21. Looking up words I don’t know in the dictionary and learning them
  22. Seeing or hearing a word that I just learned
  23. Dictionaries
  24. Learning new languages
  25. Shiny things/lights
  26. When it’s cold enough to be cold, but not so cold that you have to wear a coat.
  27. tap/dancing
  28. roller skating
  29. Old or cultural/ethnic music
  30. Cleaning out my room/apartment and waking up to it the next day
  31. waking up and thinking that its time to go to work and then realizing that it is still the middle of the night
  32. Losing weight
  33. Eating
  34. bright colored walls
  35. getting flowers
  36. rain
  37. finding something I thought was long-lost
  38. doing the right thing
  39. doodling
  40. watching couples in restaurants/cafés/etc. and trying to figure out how long they’ve been together
  41. honesty
  42. stability
  43. trust
  44. sincerity
  45. Erlend Loe
  46. Catcher in the Rye
  47. Master and Margarita
  48. whales
  49. Uzbekistan
  50. therapy
  51. when my muscles hurt after working out
  52. listening to a song that I really like over and over
  53. Ella Fitzgerald
  54. my birthday
  55. pigtails
  56. tank tops and underwear
  57. jasmine green tea
  58. roaming the streets of Moscow while listening to my MP3 player
  59. long, dangling earrings
  60. Amelie/Yann Tiersen (movie/soundtrack)
  61. tradition
  62. Men

I DON'T LIKE:

  1. fanaticism (of any kind)
  2. closed mindedness
  3. superficial conversations/people/relationships
  4. mushrooms
  5. judging and being judged
  6. prejudice/ignorance
  7. helplessness
  8. denial
  9. loneliness
  10. war
  11. paintball
  12. pain
  13. disrespect of the elderly
  14. colored contacts
  15. gaining weight (not fitting into my favorite jeans)
  16. losing important things (i.e. passport/debit card/license)
  17. the initial blister period accompanying new shoes/flip-flops
  18. visits to the dentist
  19. overly ripe fruit
  20. addiction
  21. drunkenness/intoxication
  22. disappointing others and being disappointed
  23. lying/deception
  24. being late/keeping people waiting
  25. busting my knee while rollerblading
  26. finishing a good book
  27. having too much stuff
  28. clutter
  29. movies/books that become the object of a cult-like following
  30. celebrities
  31. girly magazines
  32. when people wear sunglasses where there is no sun (i.e. at night or indoors)
  33. anti-Semitism
  34. change
  35. swimming
  36. pimples
  37. a bad haircut
  38. procrastination
  39. injustice
  40. when people litter
  41. supermodels
  42. vulgarity
  43. heavy metal music
  44. blood
  45. medical procedures
  46. subservience
  47. snobbism
  48. social disparity
  49. greed/stinginess
  50. when guys are cheap
  51. mosquitoes
  52. roaches/grasshoppers
  53. clubbing
  54. infidelity/cheating
  55. stupid movies
  56. reality TV
  57. MTV
  58. when people yell at their kids
  59. breaking up
  60. loving someone and not being loved back
  61. nostalgia
  62. Men

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're funny!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're funny!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like these both chapters, because they represent you :))
M

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home